Here are 10 random facts about me.
- Right now I have 2 dogs at home both with injured paws.
- I also have 4 hens, 1 of whom is broody and is currently sitting in broody jail. #jailbird
- I am an introvert by nature. I don’t put myself out there, like ever. Except for now, on this blog, which is quite terrifying by the way.
- I just joined a local running group. I’ve been wanting to do it for a while but I’m a bit shy (see #3). Honestly I’ve become bored with my same old routes and running by myself. So it’s time to shake things up a little and this group will be great motivation to keep running this summer.
- I am running the Newport 10 miler on Sunday and I’m really looking forward to it. The course looks awesome. I’m not expecting anything spectacular performance-wise. My plan is to go out there and have a blast. Enjoy the sights and sounds. Take lots of photos and enjoy every minute of being at the ocean this weekend.
- After Newport, I have no races scheduled. Like bought and paid for and on my calendar. I have lots of ideas but I haven’t jumped in and signed up for anything yet. I’m currently thinking about doing the BAA (Boston Athletic Association) Distance Medley: 5k Blindfold Challenge, 10k on June 26th, and a half marathon October 9th. And/or a sprint triathlon July 24th and another one on my 46th birthday, and a Bike and Fly race August 20th. Or something else…Dang. I hate it when I’m indecisive. Perhaps I’ll find some races to do with my new running group…
- I love crunchy salty snacks more than sweets. If given a choice I will pick the chips or crackers over a doughnut or Danish or brownie any day.
- I am not good at gardening. I long for beautiful flower beds and herbs and home-grown veggies, but I basically suck at it. I tried growing herbs from seeds this spring and it didn’t really work out. But I won’t give up! I’ll keep trying and hopefully I’ll get something to grow that won’t get trampled by the dogs or eaten by the chickens. Whomp whomp.
- I’m re-reading the Harry Potter series again. I read them as they were released way back in the day, but not since then. I’ve let the movies take over my memory of the story, but the books are different (and way better) in really wonderful ways. I’m so glad I’m reading them again. I’m currently finishing up Prisoner of Azkaban. Next week: Goblet of Fire!
- I usually make a summer reading list then completely ignore it. I think that is kind of like my race “schedule” -lots of ideas but then I like to see what pops up that looks interesting. Currently on my list: the rest of the Harry Potter books plus The Cursed Child (out in July), We Are Water by Wally Lamb, The Versions of Us by Laura Bennett, Fool Me Once by Harlan Coben, Along the Infinite Sea by Beatriz Williams, and probably some stuff for work (counseling, adolescents, deafness, transition, etc.), and maybe a good book about running and or nutrition.
Off to pack for Newport!!